Practical information

Burgos is a city in northern Spain, situated at the edge of the Iberian central plateau. It is the capital of the province of Burgos, in the autonomous community of Castilla y LeónThe EASD Burgos is located in C/ Sahagún, s/n, CP 09001, Burgos, next to San Amaro campus.

 To arrive to our city, you have the following options:

Coach Station

It is located centrally in the southern part of the city and next to the Santa Maria bridge and the Museo de la Evolución Humana.
The station has two entrances: the main is on the C/ Miranda, and the the other at the back of C/ Aranda de Duero, where the coaches access the station.
It has a bar-cafeteria, left-luggage, kiosk, waiting room and counters for ticket sales.
Phone: +34 947 288 855

Trains – Rosa de Lima (RENFE).

The station is located to the north of the city, on Avenida Principe de Asturias, near the neighbourhoods of Villimar and the G-3, 5km away from the old town.

The address is: Avenida Príncipe de Asturias s/n
Phone: +34 902 240 202
National information: +34 902 220 404
International information: +34 902 243 402
Travellers with disabilities: +34 902 240 505

Links to the city

  • Bus lines: 25, 43 and 80 (by the main door of the Station).
  • Taxi: Taxi rank by the main door of the Station.
    Bicycle: Bicycle stands by the main door of the Station.
  • Bicibur (Local bicycle hire service): Next to the main door of the Station.
  • Car: Free parking.
  • Car hire: Atesa: Rosa de Lima Train Station, +34 947 201 836


The airport is between three main roads: the N-1 to the north, the A-1 to the west and the N-120 to the south.
It connects with the N-120 at kilometre point 107. At this point there is a roundabout in which one of its exits is the access road to the airport leading to the front of the terminal building.

Links to the city

  • Bus: Bus stop at the airport door, Plaza España – Airport.
  • Taxi: Taxi rank by the main door of the Airport.
  • By Car: Free parking for 188 vehicles.

Other Airports nearby

  • Valladolid – 135 Km
  • Bilbao – 176 Km
  • Santander – 180 Km
  • Madrid – 231 Km

To study in our School, EASDB, you must:

  • Be admitted and registered as a student.
  • Obtain a student visa or a stay permit for the purpose of studies.

Whether your study stay is less than 90 days (short-term) or more than 90 days (national visa) we will provide you with supporting documentation proving your admission to the School and the reason for the stay in the Erasmus+ mobility programme.

EU citizens

EU citizens who plan to stay in EASDB for study purposes need to apply for a residence authorisation for the length of their stay and is renewable. Within a month of your entry into Spain you must apply for an authorization for a study stay at the Foreign office.

You must prove:

  • Admission to EASDB.
  • Health insurance and a health certificate for long stays.
  • Accommodation.
  • Sufficient financial resources to cover your living expenses, the costs of your studies and your return. International grants such as Erasmus+ are usually acceptable as financail resources.

More info:

Non EU-citizens

Non EU-citizens who plan to stay in EASDB for study purposes for more than a 90-day stay are in need of a national visa (long term visa). The firs step is to contact the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country and follow the standard procedure (the EASDB will give you the acceptance letter required to prove your acceptance at our institution). Once in Spain, you must apply for an authorisation for the length of you stay with us at the Foreign Office. The student visa is granted for the whole duration of the course and it is renewable.

More info:;jsessionid=Xsv1Sq0TyvlPWV47Xh6pPp3L0dyndLpJvxRrlnjGd2kgpNPgLG5g!1764749960!1391113331409?intCountryId=&intStartvar=0&lang=7&subSec=3&language=7$en&country=8&profile=2&subProfile=0&subSubProfile=&loadProfileByCountry=&changeLanguaje=true

We also recommend for all students to register their personal data along with their travelling details at the “Ministry of Foreign Affairs travellers registration”, (registro del viajero del Ministerio de Exteriores) so you can be located during your cultural trips across our country during your stay, in case of an emergency.

More info about travelling recommendation:

If your are a student from European Union state members, you are covered by the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to get medical assistance at public health institutions (National Social Security System).
In order to obtain this service, you need to contact your own Social Security Office before arriving to Burgos.

Nevertheless, the EHIC coverage may varies in each country, specifically in case of death, repatriation and specific medical procedures. It is important to contract private insurance which at least covers these possibilities and send a copy to us before arriving to Burgos.

If you are a student coming from outside the European Union, you need to be property insured and have health insurance in your own country that cover the basic Spanish requirement, before arriving to Burgos.

It is also wise to include in the contract private insurance cancellations and lost luggage.

Health centers: basic procedure to get assistance at the Healthcare Centres

You have to go to the nearest Healthcare Centre to your address and ask to be registered as beneficiary. They will ask you the following information/ docs:

  • European Healthcare card.
  • Identification card / passport/ NIE ( Identification card you get at the Government Representation Office).

After following these steps you will be assigned a general practitioner (GP) and will be able to ask for an appointment to be treated by the GP.

If you need urgent assistance you can directly go to any hospital , but if you need specialised assistance you need to first have an appointment with your GP.

To find more information about it centros sanitarios públicos y Catálogo de Centros de Atención Primaria del SNS y Catálogo Nacional de Hospitales. You will find a list of public hospitals and Healthcare Centres.

More information at: 

Urgencies: call 112


It is necessary for you to register at the web page in order to access to the whole information. Otherwise, you would only be able to enter at the three tabs mentioned previously.

AEGEE web page.

It is a student association which several brands along Europe, and linked to Burgos through Burgos University.
It makes easier the contact among students and Erasmus students, organise cultural trips,…….
AEGEE also uses Facebook y Twitter